Monday, July 27, 2009

A Long Time Posting











I know, I know it has been a looong time. So much time is passing in fact, that I look at the main heading photo of our family and a tiny little Evangeline who is barely recognizable to me now. I already told Laurel that we need a new family photo is soon. 

It is nearly August which always causes me to evaluate time passage because both Jayme and I are August babies. He will be 34 this year and I will be 28! I'm sorry, really!!?? I am having a hard time with this "drawing near to 30" thing. 

Aside from getting old, all else here is lovely. Jayme is staying very busy with work these days. He's on the road with Collective Soul currently. He feels great and had his final appointment with his surgeon this past week. We are almost entirely off all medication, whoo-hoo! We wish he could be home more than he is but hoping that this year of hard work and busy schedule will pay off big for the future.

I'm doing well also, my days are filled with everything Evangeline. Just the way I like it. So let's move onto her because really that's where the fun is. 

She is a total toddler, true to every sense of the word. She walks everywhere, even runs on occasion. She has 8 teeth now with another molar and another bottom tooth working their way out. She is talking up a storm. Now she says "No, Pablo (from the Backyardigans), Silas, Eisley, Tristan (T-T), mine (though I don't think she knows what it means-she just hears it from her older friends), Bean, play, bath, ball, balloon (which is a variation of 'ball') and that's all I can think of at the moment. 


"Goodnight Moon" is currently her favorite book and watermelon is her favorite food. The Backyardigans is still her favorite show, and I just found 3 little character dolls from The Backyardigans at a consignment sale and she loves them. So cute. I watched her the other day as she held her Pablo doll and watched the show simultaneously and she kept looking back from the screen to the doll looking very puzzled at how Pablo could be in two places at once. 

It's amazing to watch her process life. Sometimes I wonder if in her mind with all of its simplicity and limitless possibilities she thinks that when she talks to Papa on the phone or through the computer that he is really living there. He goes away and works in the phone or in the computer. 

Ok I will be better about keeping this updated especially once Jayme returns to work. We're soaking up these days together. Too busy for computers. 

1 comment:

Jennifer Michelle said...

Nice to hear from you and glad everyone is doing well. I think everyone has slacked on their blogs these days. Busy summer here in MA also.

Oh and I heart The Backyardigans..

Take care,
Jen