Monday, December 21, 2009

ICE and Opryland


Last night was our annual venture to ICE and Opryland Hotel to see the lights. This is a yearly tradition that Jayme and I have done since before we were ever together. In fact I can remember going one year and refusing to follow his "group". He was on my nerves. Hahaha! If you told me that night that one day he would be the love of my life and we would be married just a couple of years later, I would have told you that you were on drugs. I enjoy God's sense of humor, He's so good.

Anyway we have continued the tradition since being married and it seems that each year we add a new life to the group whether it is 'in utero' or already in the world. This year Shiloh is a new addition as well as baby Sofka #3 in Steph's tummy. Needless to say, the more kids we add the more exhausting it gets but so worth it.

We usually get comp tickets for ICE because our brilliantly talented friend Brian does the promotional artwork. This year it was "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and I loved every minute of it. Otherwise it would cost us about $200 for us all to go. No joke. So thank you Brian for being so creative. Here are our photos. Chronologically backwards but oh well.

"Shiloh's nose"
They ran and ran and ran and then needed a water break.

Evangeline just HAD to ride this train. I have never seen her want to do something this badly. She loved every moment.

Silas and Evangeline watching the train.
Group shot in front of the tree taken by some helpful passer-by.
Little buddies
Inside ICE


She loved touching the snow. We need a good snowstorm this year!


The ICE slide. It's pretty cool but I don't think she's quite old enough to nail the lean back and slide technique so she just kind of scooted down.

Official group shot.

No comments: