Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Some Beanieisms for a new season

Walking through a department store in the mall, Evangeline says, "Naked, naked, naked, broken, broken." I ask her, "what is?" She says, "these boobie things". She was referring to the headless, half-armed mannequins wearing bras.

Hiding under a table one day, when asked to come out and please obey, she said, "I just don't want to be treated like this."

She still loooves to paint. She told me that I need to be "sensitive" with my paint brush, in other words create light brush strokes. So I told her, "maybe you'll be a painter when you grow up". she said, "no I'm not gonna grow up." Me: What will you do then?" Her: "Just be a little girl."

She can be quite the stinker also. We have figured out that she really enjoys shock value, a similar slightly rebellious nature to her mommy. she will do things that she knows are wrong and she isn't doing it because she doesn't know it's wrong or even because it is really in her heart to do it but simply to get reactions and the best method for us is not to make a big deal out of it. For instance, one day she was sitting across the table from me eating lunch with her mouth hidden behind her cup, making a strange face at me. I didn't say anything. She offered up the information, "Mom, I was saying shut up to you very quietly." and then proceeds to show me how she mouthed the words, "shut up". Now what she wanted was a reaction and I knew it. So I told her, "Do you know why you said it quietly like that? Because the Holy Spirit was telling you that it was a wrong thing to do and you felt bad saying it out loud." Drama extinguished. I then got the details of where she even had heard that. Thank you "The Incredibles".

She has loved school and much to my joy was telling me on the drive home one day that she wants to be a teacher when she grows up. I told her that I was a teacher too and I loved it and she said, "no you are a mommy." So I told her that I always wanted to be a mommy too so I did both. So she changed her mind and said she also wanted to be a mommy, and a daddy too which of course preceded the talk that only girls are mommies and boys are daddies. To which she said, "maybe Silas could be the daddy." She loves Silas. :)

I also caught her playing teacher in the playroom using a stick as her "pointer" and her old party chart. And she plays mommy all the time, or as she now calls it, "honey". "Mommy let's play honey". That's when she is the mommy to a big girl and not a baby. The big kid is the honey.

And her 3 year old worldview is amazing in the fact that she is pretty convinced that she was one day my mommy and now I am hers. Or one day she will be my mommy, our roles will reverse. I have explained that one day she will have her own babies but I'm not sure it's sinking in yet.

She says "round about the osy", instead of "ring around the rosy".

She always helps Grampy feed the fish and the birds so as we walked up to their house the other day, she excitedly ran in saying, "Grampy! I saw a caaaaddnl." Full-on Boston accent. Translation: Cardinal.

As I was getting her dressed one day I said, "Let's see you have on a blue shirt. Let's find some shorts to match. Here we go, some brown shorts, that matches." Bean: "No, that doesn't match." Me: "Oh, ok well it doesn't match colors but there are some colors that go well together like blue and brown, and we call that matching too. It's a different kind of matching than matching the same colors together. Make sense?" Bean: "Noooope" as she walks away.

Evangeline: "Mommy, I want to use my imagination." Me: "Go for it." Bean: "We're at the beach and crabs are snipping us."

In the bath, Bean dunked her head and I asked her what she was doing. "My hair's gonna get baptized". Then she parted it over her eyes and said she looked like Violet from the Incredibles.

"Mom, I'm disappointed because I don't want hair on my legs".

"Mom, I'm just gonna call Cecily 'Boobie'. Me: "No Bean, I don't want you to do that." Her, in sing-songy voice, "Cecily, boobie. Boobie. Boobie. Boobie." Me: "Evangeline, I said don't do that." Her: "How bout I just call her Lion?" Me: "How bout you just eat your taco?"

Evangeline's second bad dream. She woke up crying, so I asked her what was wrong and she said she dreamed that a little girl took Jessie from her arms and put her somewhere. I think she had it because we had read "Hazel's Amazing Mother" the night before.

Playing with Nana's nativity set and a hair roller,"Let's play. This is Jesus, this is his daddy God, and his little brother Goddy."

"mom, the problem is, I just don't like chicken."

Impressively deceptive, after being told not to eat any more chips until she eats her sandwich, Evangeline places a chip on her sandwich and tries to trick us by making us think she's eating her sandwich while she is really eating the chip. So then I told her that I need her to be honest so that we can trust her. Then I made her repeat it, "you need to be..." 'selfish?'. "no." 'helpful?'. "no." 'helpish?' Ay yai yai.

Talking about losing teeth Jayme asked her what the tooth fairy brings her. She answered, "a coin. Or maybe a diamond."

She currently loves the movie Eloise. "I love it when Eloise says, "oh my Lord why won't you talk to him?" and then followed it with "that is rude, rude, rude".

Dinner conversation: "Mom, if we eat poop then that would be disgusting. And we wouldn't be able to talk."

Evangeline wanted to smell Cecily's vitamins. "That doesn't taste good in my nose".

Going to bed one night I said, "oh you're sleeping with Woody tonight?" Bean: "and wife. Cuppy is his wife, but she died 2 years ago."

Annoyed with her sister trying to sing along with her in the car very loudly, she says, "Mom, I don't want Cecily anymore."

No comments: