Saturday, August 25, 2012

Lately...

One of my favorite things that Cecily is doing lately is saying "Mommy, watch" and then proceeding to dangle from the kitchen table, do a headstand, jump onto the couch, or some other daring act.

She is just obsessed with babies. If she sees one in a store, even if they are her age mind you, she will just get so excited and start shouting "baby baby". And when she is with one that is truly smaller than her she is as gentle as she can be and tries to kiss its little head. And she has been so gentle with her baby dolls too.

We have added a few new words to the vocabulary such as "apple" (and a pepper, cucumber , and orange are also "apples".) Bubbles, Duck, Rock, Sticker- which is stickee, and she constantly says "yee-yee" which I just can't place because she seems to use it so many various contexts. The best that I can come up with is that it is some form of "I want that" based on how she uses it. 

She says "cold" and "hot" but gets them confused a lot of the time. She'll sit in the freezer (yes I meant to say that) and say "hot" but she'll also walk near me at the stove while I'm cooking and say "hot". So we're getting there. 

I love it on mornings when she wakes up before Evangeline, I will hold her and as we walk past Bean's room she whispers quietly and puts her chubby little finger on her nose (because the mouth is occupied by her paci) and says "Bean - shhhhhhh". <3 div="div" nbsp="nbsp">

She is my little seagull. She always wants whatever I am snacking on and then repeats over and over "mo, mo, mo" (more)

Just at the end of July she began saying 3 word sentences, not consistently though. For instance, she told me "All done Mommy" 

She stills loves music. On my birthday this year for the hour after everyone sang to me she continued to sing "Happy, happy" and Bean would always calm her down by singing "Twinkle Twinkle" to her and one day Cecily started to sing along at the "up above" part. Sounds like "upabub" SO cute


 Cecily and baby Valor

 Happily crazy
 Gymnastics at the bowling alley
Onto Evangeline. My darling little 4 year old who needs to stop being so much like her mother. We went to a friend's birthday party at the bowling alley and because it wasn't on the bumper lanes like Evangeline thought it would be, this is where she spent most of the party. Familiar, yeah. 
 And here she is at gymnastics- back turned, arms crossed, because she had been watching the Olympics and just wanted to do back flips.
 But she is also so much bolder, confident, and friendlier than I ever was. Incredibly articulate, imaginative, funny, creative, and sensitive. She makes up her own words, adjectives mainly and they're so large and flow from her mouth so easily you almost believe they're true. I'll try to write more down as I hear them - "this stuff is algery." "I am SO cooperated.""It's just discreezing. (without my even asking for a definition, she continues...) Discreezing means something valuable that's near you and you don't want to touch it."

 She is my darling Bean, and I understand her little heart. And it breaks mine to watch her grow, but as she grows I find even more to fall in love with, laugh at, be inspired by.



No comments: