Saturday, November 7, 2009

More life

Evangeline has so many words now I hardly know where to begin. One of my favorite new words as of this week is "nope". It's not just no anymore, now when I ask her a question she'll answer with "nope" instead of "no". I will have to post a video because it is too cute to describe.

She will ask where Papa went and can now say "work".

She loves to dip her food. I have no idea where she saw this (unless she has closely observed me eating my Chick Fil A, which could very well be the case) but she will dip her chicken in her applesauce and in her yogurt. It's just amazing what she picks up on, and to watch her become her own little person.

The other day we were parked near Pie In The Sky and she was saying "birthday" for some reason. I couldn't figure out why and then realized that the only time we have gone to Pie In The Sky was about a month ago and it was for a birthday party. I can only imagine that she was recalling that. It just amazes me.

She is obsessed with listening to Raffi in the car. As soon as she is in her seat she says "Fahwhi", which yes, is actually how she says "Raffi". It confuses her Mauntie and her Papa all the time because they think she is saying "I sorry". I admit it's close but I love it. However I do need the find the other cd or I may eventually go crazy listening to the same 12 songs over and over.

She has gotten very gadgety as well. (side note: Apparently "gadgety" is really a word. I thought I was making it up but spell check didn't correct me). She has figured out by observation I assume, the cords that plug into the computer and spent about 10 minutes trying to plug the headphone input into the CD player. She must get all that from Jayme.

We have been practicing colors lately mostly in the bathtub because she has some colorful play toys. She's really pretty good! I'm not pushing her at all but she'll ask me what they are and she remembers pretty well. She is best with blue and brown. And today we ate lunch on the deck and I asked her what color the sky was and she said, "Boo" (blue)

All in all I enjoy every day with my little monkey. Oh and the biggest bonus is that in the last month or so she has gotten so much more snuggly. You'd better believe we're thrilled about that! she very often runs over just to give us hugs or when we pick her up she lays her head on our shoulders and just rests there. Ahhh it's the best!

No comments: