Tuesday, September 14, 2010

24 Weeks

I haven't updated on baby girl in a while. 2nd child and she's already getting the shaft. Everything is going really well with this pregnancy. I would have thought that it would be easier on your body the second time around, having done it all before but that doesn't seem to be the case. Because it's already been stretched and the muscle is irritated as my midwife says, I will notice more pain, early contractions, and discomfort. Yep, so far it's all true.

I've gained 10 lbs total thus far which is pretty average I think. The baby is just as active as Evangeline was and definitely hangs out more on my right side, just like Evangeline did. I get the same little jabs under my ribs to my far right side that tickle and make me jump.

Here's the 24 week excerpt from Baby Center: "Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon."

We really are already so in love with her and so anxious to meet her.




3 comments:

K Seholm said...

Okay, in some of these pictures you look exactly like Becky! Cute bump!!

Katy said...

You look fabulous!!! you're such a hot little preg mama!
hope you're getting some rest, and feeling well, miss seeing you!!

katy

Unknown said...

Very cute! You wear it well!