Sunday, September 5, 2010

Some New "Evangelineisms"

Some of my favorite "isms" as of late are:

"That fun?" She always asks us this after she does something like hang from the kitchen table, get thrown on the bed by Papa, doing a somersault off the couch, ...you get the idea

"Yours" as a constant plural. Snuggle "yours" bed Mommy?
One of my most favorite recent examples of this was when Jayme was gone working and she randomly asked me as we were driving, "Mommy what's Papa doing up there?" to which I said, "Up where babe? Papa is at the airport in Miami". She: "Yours Ami?" Get it? MYami. YOURami. But with her little "s" added. Coulda died it was so cute.

"Get outta me". This is what she says when she wants you to get her out of her carseat, stroller, highchair, etc.

If she's really excited about something she'll say "Yesss". I don't know where she got it but it's cute. and a little too grown-up all at the same time.

Another thing she has just recently started doing as well when she's excited is clapping her hands in a quick 3 clap and then asking us to do it too. Today I told her we could go swim and I got the "yesss", the clapping hands, and the call to do it myself as well. "Clap yours hands Mommy".

2 comments:

Steph said...

I'm going to say she gets the "Yesss!" from you:
On my facebook:
Me: "Lily pictures up!"
You: "I literally just did the "yesss" pull your elbow into your side while making a fist thing"


Adorable!! Love these isms

Jayme and Genevieve said...

Oh my gosh I laughed out loud at this Steph! How do you remember things like that anyway? Scary how much they do pick up from us that we're totally unaware of.