Sunday, December 19, 2010

38 Weeks

Here we are. Full-term. Hard to believe that she could come at any moment or still 3 weeks from now. (I was just shy of 42 weeks with Evangeline). Admittedly what I am struggling through now is my controlling nature that just wants to know when, so I can plan accordingly. Especially with it all pending around Christmas and the new year. Before Christmas or after? Please God don't let me be in the hospital on Christmas day. 2010 or 2011? Please Lord give us the tax break for this year but not too close to Christmas for her sake. See what I mean??

I have been reminded of Mary, mother of Jesus, and humbled by her trust in God. How quickly she submitted to the request God made of her. How fully she surrendered her own plans, and I'm sure she had them, especially being engaged. If I could be so bold, I'd say that all us women are like that. To know that she was getting married, I'm sure she had some own plans in her mind, including when and how she would have her children. And she risked the fact that the man she is going to marry, may in fact abandon her on this journey altogether.

Needless to say that I have to be reminded of this nearly every moment. I am trying to let go, trust Him in His perfect timing, and choose to be submissive and joyful about His providence and purposes and plans. Thank God it's not up to me!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know you are looking forward to her arrival! I hope you don't have to wait until the 42 week point this time around. I can't wait to see pictures of her! Enjoy your holiday and these last days of pregnancy! You look absolutely adorable!