Monday, February 25, 2013

17 Weeks

Baby is 17 weeks in there. I am finally feeling him or her consistently flipping and kicking, which is a bit later than I felt both the girls. This pregnancy has been very kind to me. Hardly an nausea, no extreme fatigue (no more than normal really). Aside from an achy back and some mid-night insomnia all has been well. And in 1 week from today we will know whether to expect another precious girl or whether we are moving into uncharted territory with a sweet little boy. I have absolutely no instinct either way. I think we both lean toward girl slightly just because it's what's familiar to us but I am very ready to know for sure!! Both girls are so excited about the baby. Cecily of course doesn't quite get it, but she will randomly say, "Baby? I check it." which consists of her lifting my shirt, looking strangely at my belly, usually poking her finger into my belly button and often kissing the belly. Evangeline greets the baby even before me most mornings. She'll say, "look how big the baby is getting!" and "awwwwww hi baaaabbby". I just pray that the excitement continues after the baby is born. 


No comments: