Well I have been trying to post some pictures but apparently the internet connection at the hotel will not tolerate that much work. It'll have to wait until we get home.
Overall so far it has been a good trip! A busy one, but a good one. There will always be things I like about L.A. but one thing I cannot tolerate is the traffic. I am no city girl-don't have the patience for it. And nothing tests my love for people like a city packed full of them. Ugggh. But I can drive with the best of 'em here ;)
Well Rob has been getting better every day and last night was the first time I had seen him in full spirits looking just like himself again. Very awake and making jokes. They released him from the hospital this afternoon and this week will be full of follow-up appointments. They have given him the o.k. to go home on Saturday so that's great. Casey (his girlfriend) has been awesome to have here this entire time. She stayed right by him whenever she could. And when she couldn't, she stayed by us which is always fun too! :) She left for home this afternoon.
Jayme's siblings, Guy, Michele, and Kym got in on Saturday and we had dinner with them, Noel, Theresa, and Wendy (from Taiwan) on Saturday night. A great night with no lack for conversation!
The next day we went to Steve's apartment to begin looking through his things. An apartment full of things he loved. Pictures of his family here and in Taiwan. Racing trophies, car-showing trophies, Christmas memorabilia (he loved Christmas-I never knew how much, but I share the passion). Western/cowboy memorabilia. Just pieces of him and his life filling the walls and shelves. Strange to face the idea that he has left it all. He has left us. ...strange. Sad. Empty. It surely eases the grief to know that we will see him again but for me personally it is hardest to lose someone who was still so full of life. He was still going, that's for sure. Still working, building, creating, joking, laughing. Very much alive and then so quickly gone.
Pray for Jayme and his sisters and brother as they work through their grief and strive for closure on such a deep loss.
Today Jayme is spending time with his family sorting through things and I am spending time with mine. Rebecca, Michelle, Evangeline and I drove to the Father of The Bride house today. So fun, I had to do it!! It's in Pasadena. Just beautiful. Now I am in a room full of sleepy-heads. Bek, Moosh, and Evangeline are all taking naps. We'll see what the evening brings.
1 comment:
Hi Genevieve,
THank you so much for sending me the link to your blog. Its amazing and your daughter is beautiful. My blog address is www.jjlifestyle3.blogspot.com... I am glad to hear Robbie is doing well and well keep you in our prayers.
You look so happy and hopefully someday you can come out this way or vice versa!
Jenifer
Post a Comment