Friday, May 28, 2010

Oh These Days....

I have been horrible at keeping up with the blog these days. And there's so much that Evangeline is doing and saying that I want to remember, that I just have to make myself be better about this.

The last couple of weeks have hit me hard with pregnancy nausea/sickness. It's so interesting to experience such a different pregnancy than the first already. I was never this sick with her. I had bouts of nausea that I could pretty easily ward off with the peanut butter crackers I kept on hand. This little one however is not so predictable. It hits me at random times, some foods make it worse, some better but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to them so it is so hard to ward off.

So far I think I'm scarred from eggs, tomato soup, grilled cheese, and pizza. For whatever reason my body refused those. Blech. Quite often I just have to make myself eat something because I'm never going to land on anything that the thought of doesn't make me want to hurl.

Of course I hear theories that it could be a boy because of the difference in pregnancies but I hear just as many stories of people having the same sex child as their first and still having drastically different symptoms the second time around. Guess we'll find out in August :)

I am very incredibly grateful for Jayme and the ways that he has helped me with everything. Keeping Evangeline occupied when I don't feel well or need a nap, cleaning up when I cannot find the energy, rubbing my back, putting Bean to bed because by then I am usually completely devoid of strength, getting my car's oil changed, fixing things around the house. Man now that I think about it maybe one of my Love Languages is Acts of Service hahaha. He was a fantastic gift, thanks God!!!

Onto Evangeline: She is the best ever. I love 2. I love everything about her. I love discovering every new part of her. Her likes and dislikes. Understanding the way her mind works. What a truly incredibly journey to learn someone so intimately from the very beginning of their existence. I will never do anything else so adventurous and enjoyable in my life. She is my baby forever. God is a beautifully intimate Creator who entrusts us with so so much. Such a glimpse into the depths of His love...and even the strength of my love for her is still only a glimpse into Him.

She loves tea parties. She got two tea sets for her birthday and it is just adorable to watch her pour her pretend tea into her little cups and sip. She is afraid of dinosaurs, I'm really not sure where this originated but if she hears loud rumbling on a movie or something she thinks it's a dinosaur. Kind of funny. Strange fear for her to have. She is speaking in full sentences all the time. Jayme went in the garage the other day and something knocked over. She was sitting at the kitchen table and said, "What's that Mommy?...I think it was Papa's stuff". About a month or two ago I brought myself to paint her toes. Still can't do the fingernails, that's too grown-up looking for me to handle. But i love to see her sweet little painted girly toes. Ok I am having one of those moments where I cannot retrieve any information from my brain when I am actually able to sit and write it down so I'll get back to ya on all the rest.

No comments: