A bellybutton is simply a "belly-butt" to her. Coincidentally one of her favorite songs is one she calls the Belly-butt song on Slugs, Bugs, and Lullabies, her favorite CD over the last few months.
Her favorite condiment is Parmesan cheese. I can get her to eat most anything if we add parmesan to it. also, thankfully her palette is expanding lately. For a while there it was grilled cheese, organic hot dogs, mac and cheese, yogurt, scrambled eggs, fruit, and chicken nuggets, and that was pretty much all she'd eat. We've added in hummus, sliced turkey, pasta, chicken wraps, bananas, and others, and cinnamon raisin toast is one of her favorite breakfast foods.
One of my favorites is the way she says "Noise". It's kind of like "nowse". Cutest.thing.ever.
Vitamins are "Binanins". "I wanna watch sumpin'" is how she asks for a show. Instead of saying "This one first", she says "After this one". Instead of saying "I'm winning or I'm gonna beat you" if we're racing, she says "I'm gonna win you".
We have a Woody (Toy Story) doll and she began acting out a scene with him from Toy Story 2 word for word. She dramatically and slowly drops him to the ground while saying "Oh, I forgot..you're broken", just like Andy does on the movie, then hands him to me and I'm supposed to say what the mommy does. "Oh I'm sorry honey, but you know, toys don't last forever" and then I have to put him high up on the shelf. It's so cute. Maybe she'll be an actress. I would think that possibly she could be a ballerina because she walks around on point toes all the time but so far she has the coordination of both Jayme and I combined and if that hangs in there, she has no hope for a dancing career whatsoever.
She astounds me continually with her comprehension and communicative skills. In fact when we picked her up from the nursery at church yesterday, Jayme asked, "how was she?" and the guy working said, " she was good...it's like talking to a 20 year old." Hahaha kinda true, and re-instates my fears of what she will say when she goes to preschool and we're not there ;)
Perhaps one of the biggest things she has learned to do lately is to go potty all by herself. She can put herself on the potty, wipe herself, and pull her pants back on. You know that gave me a "what happened to my baby!?" moment.
She loves her little sister. We haven't had any jealousy issues at all. She is protective of her and loves to hold her. However she holds her for about 20 seconds when, without fail, she will look back at us and say, "Can you hold her for a little minute?". Hey I'm just glad she wants to hold her at all. So far she is doing a lot better than I did when Rebecca came along. She says all the time, "awww she's so cute".
As for Cecily, she is amazing and I have truly fallen in love with her. It is cliche and yet so amazing that without fail as impossible as it is to fathom, you can love another as much as you love your first. She is a very happy baby and very laid-back.
This week she has really started smiling, melts my heart every time! And also cooing and talking to us. I adore it! I love doing the baby stuff all over again! She eats about every 3 hours, and is on a great little schedule. She eats, has awake/play time, takes a nap, then wakes up and eats again. I'd say she has the good life. For the last week or two she has been going for 5-6 hour stretches at night. Halleluia!
She absolutely hates to be cold. Totally gets that from me. She hates getting undressed because it's cold and she loooves her baths but when you take her out of the water, for the 15 seconds that she is out of the water to when she is wrapped in a towel, she screams bloody murder. But literally the second that the towel is wrapped over her, she stops and is completely content.
Her eyes are still piercingly blue and I wonder what color and texture her hair will end up being because it is very golden right now and when it is wet it kinks up curly. Who knows, she may get the Mogan hair and have some curls.
Overall I am just loving learning who this new little daughter of mine is and growing with her. Life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment