Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Mini-Me

Somehow it happened. I got a child who looks mostly like her father and acts mostly like her mother. Jayme sees it even more than I do. The other day we were having lunch and he asked me what it felt like to have a little version of myself. I questioned how true that was but this morning when I put Evangeline down for her nap that theory was confirmed in my mind. 

She is so funny when she hits a point after being awake for a while and drawing close to her naptime she gets inconsolably fussy and all she wants is to be put in her crib and given her space. We have a video monitor so I can see and hear exactly what she does when she gets in her crib. The transformation is comical to me. The fussy child is gone and in her place is a happy little thing babbling on in high-pitched delight, wandering around her crib enjoying her own space. Yes, that is me! Scary how much it is me. It doesn't seem right for her to innately have those things in her genetic make-up, not learned behavior...just simply "her". It amazes me...and scares me a little too. Ohhhhh what I may be in for :)

2 comments:

Bethany Armstrong said...

This is too cute! I love that you see that in her already. Amazing how God creates us uniquely how he desires. :)

momwith5kidz said...

With 5 children ranging from 4 to 14...mini me is just like you described...amazing and scary! There are faces, gestures, intonations and just little things that they do, like me, that blow me away! It still amazes me I struggled with infertility and now, 15 years later, to be blessed with my children...God is so good! I love your blog. I am a JW fan and discovered ya'll quite accidently, or should I say divinely! Anyway, I am now a faithful follower and praying sister in Christ. Bless your sweet little family! : )