Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Beautiful Baby Braun

Yesterday we had another ultrasound at 32 weeks to check on the status of my "marginal placenta previa". Good news: my placenta has moved up, not all the way, but enough for them to feel comfortable with moving forward with a vaginal delivery. I'll continue to pray that it moves itself up all the way but we won't check on it again. As of now I am no longer categorized as having previa in any form. Thank you Lord.

More good news: We got to our littlest one again, and with the 3D image this time! I love her. She was busy as always as they checked her out. I feel like she just grew incredibly and her movements are HUGE these days. To the point that I can be talking with someone and they can see my belly move, or be hanging sideways. She is head down so now I know that it's her little booty that she likes to stick out and her feet kicking my ribs and right side.

The ultrasound tech said she was approximately 4 lbs 13 oz at this point, and my midwife says I am measuring exactly at 32 weeks. Maybe she'll actually be on time or even slightly early!? She was practicing her breathing and swallowing and she got a score of 8 out of 8 on her Biophysical Profile. Overall it was just perfect. She's perfect, growing on time, in a good position, and I truly say, thank you God!

Check out these photos. She actually resembles Evangeline's 3D ultrasound photos a lot! Can't wait to snuggle that little face. Evangeline was excited to see pictures of her baby sister and made sure to tell the tech that it was her baby sister, and told her all about how she used to be in Mommy's belly and was a baby but now she grew up. We think she grasps what is going on pretty well and what will happen but time will only tell. We talk about the baby all the time, she knows that the baby will have her own room, toys, blankets, and bottles when she comes out, we've read lots of books about new babies, and she's seen so many of our friends welcome new little ones, that I feel pretty assured that she understands. I can't wait to see these sisters together.


No comments: