Last Saturday marked 28 weeks, the start of the third trimester. I have a strange feeling that the next 2 1/2- 3 months are going to fly. Baby girl weighs two and a quarter pounds and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through my womb. And she can now hear and distinguish my voice :) She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world. Can't wait to see that chubby little babe!
She is still my little wiggle worm, reminding me of her presence every day and I have started day-dreaming about what she looks like and what she's thinking.
I had my appointment on Tuesday, the dreaded glucose screening. Amazingly I was fine! They set me up in a room with a bed so I could lie down while they drew my blood, and the sweet nurse even put a damp rag on my head. I'd also drank as much water as I could since they had such a hard time getting at my veins last time. I guess the combination of all that is a good one for me but it was quick and painless.
My midwife called me the next day to say that I tested negative for gestational diabetes, which is great, however I do have prenatal anemia. In an odd way I was kind of thankful to hear that. I had been feeling so run down, that week in particular, that it was nice to have a reason why. So I am on some super high dosage of iron until this little girl is born.
I actually already feel a difference in my energy level and it's only been a few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment