We went to the movies with Evangeline yesterday for the first time. Yet again I forgot my camera, and I'm so sad because as you'll see the quality of iPhone pictures here are no good. We saw Toy Story 3 which meant so much to both of us. She is already enamored with the characters probably largely due to Tristan's passion for them. They have been familiar faces in our world for a long time and she has recently fallen in love with the first movies too. All that to say it was the perfect first movie for her. I can remember in 1995 taking a little girl who I babysat for to see Toy Story as her first movie and now 15 years later taking my daughter is pretty cool.
She did great! It was quite a bit scarier than the other 2 and she cried at a couple parts but was easily and quickly comforted. She took her Buzz and Woody doll with her and sat in her own seat the whole time.
As for me I bawled like a baby. The whole concept of life continually moving and changing and babies growing up, well come on, if you know me, you know this did me in. I think it made its point especially beautifully because it has been 15 years from the first to the final film. To think of where I was in the first, second, and final film are worlds apart. I was 14 when the first movie opened. Barely a teenager and we had barely lived in TN. Still very much a child myself. Then in 1999 I was a high school graduate figuring out the next turn in life. Forced into adulthood, and yet still a teenager. And now married for 5 1/2 years with a beautiful 2 year old daughter to share the excitement with, and another little one on the way. The toys aren't for me anymore but I get just as much joy out of buying them. Life does pass and a lot happens in 15 years.



1 comment:
I am so sorry! I meant to tell you that it is a bit scary! I wish they wouldnt do that. Sometimes I think they forget who these movies are really for.
Post a Comment